Happiness doesn’t have to be as complicated as we often make it out to be. We often feel happiness needs to be about big things like a new car, a fancy vacation, or even a big raise, but we can choose to experience feeling happy hundreds of times a day in the little things we do. However, in order to feel happy about the little things, we actually have to stay present and pay attention to them.
We need to let ourselves feel happy and just experience when it happens by acknowledging it in our thoughts and feeling it in our bodies. We can actually choose to do things throughout the day that make us happy and don’t take a lot of time. The more often we do these things throughout our day, the more likely feeling happy will become a regular habit for us.
Here is a list of 20 things you can do daily to feel happy that take no longer than 60 seconds:
- Laugh (even fake laugh if you need to)
- Have a 60 second dance party
- Look at a picture of a favorite memory
- Think of someone you love
- Hug someone you care about
- Choose to wear your favorite item of clothing
- Take a breath of fresh air
- Call a friend
- Practice gratitude
- Give yourself a compliment
- Be kind to someone
- Make plans to spend time with a fun friend
- Visualize your favorite place in the world
- Choose to forgive someone
- Do one minute of deep breathing
- Smell something that makes you happy (a cup of coffee, your favorite candle, or flowers)
- Find a funny YouTube video to watch
- Say no to something you don’t want to do
Which of these are you going to make a priority today? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. If you’re struggling with finding time for happiness, book a free 30 minute clarity call so we can assess your stress levels by clicking here.